Last week, leading lab validator Demartek released a report titled, “SMART Storage Systems XceedStor SSD Evaluation,” which compared SMART’s XceedStor 500S SSD to an Intel 320 SSD in two separate comparisons: single-drive and four-drive tests.
The conclusion did not surprise us – our XceedStor 500S SSD outperformed the Intel 320 SSD by a wide margin, blowing Intel’s SSD out of the water! XceedStor 500S exhibited high performance and low latency in both tests and demonstrated the ability to take advantage of data optimization for various applications, as well as provide excellent performance. This concluding remark by Demartek says it all:
“We believe that the XceedStor 500S SSD makes an excellent choice for SSD storage for read-intensive server and cloud computing applications.”
We encourage you to watch the video below where Dennis Martin, President of Demartek, explains the testing of XceedStor 500S and Intel 320 in detail.
We would be happy to discuss our XceedStor 500S SSD offering with you directly, but we wanted to share some product highlights with you here, as well:
- Leverages tier-one OEM-enterprise firmware, proven power fail technology, and the latest generation of MLC NAND flash.
- Available in capacities of 60, 120, 240, 480GB
- Features a 6Gb/s SATA interface, and provides 500MB/s sequential read/write and 60K/20K IOPS random read/write performance.
- Industry-leading data integrity by employing a combination of powerful error correction and detection, full data path protection, thermal monitoring, and data fail and recovery of up to 1 NAND flash page.
- MTBF of 2 million hours, and market-leading uncorrectable bit error rate (UBER) of less than 1 in 1018 bits read, a 100x improvement over the JEDEC JESD 218 specification for enterprise grade SSDs.
Thanks to Demartek for creating such a concrete report and taking the time to evaluate our XceedStor 500S!
For more information on SMART Storage Systems solutions, including the new XceedStor 500S, check out www.SMARTStorageSys.com.
- Esther Spanjer, Director, SSD Technical Marketing, SMART Storage Systems